Lionsgate Announces Green DVD Packaging
Independent film studio Lionsgate plans to package many of the Company’s DVD releases in “environmentally friendly” materials. The first “green” release will be Weeds: Season Three, which will hit stores in June.
The trays on all environmentally-friendly DVDs from Lionsgate will be made of 100 percent recycled materials (it’ll take about 500,000 used water bottles to make them) and each tray can be recycled. The paper used for the DVD packaging will be made from 100 percent recycled fibers and is recyclable and compostable.
In addition, manufacturing the recycled tray uses less than 10 percent of the total energy required to make a new Amaray case.
Lionsgate’s record label will be adopting environmentally friendly packaging for the CD of the Weeds soundtrack too.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners