Lionsgate Announces Green DVD Packaging
Independent film studio Lionsgate plans to package many of the Company’s DVD releases in “environmentally friendly” materials. The first “green” release will be Weeds: Season Three, which will hit stores in June.
The trays on all environmentally-friendly DVDs from Lionsgate will be made of 100 percent recycled materials (it’ll take about 500,000 used water bottles to make them) and each tray can be recycled. The paper used for the DVD packaging will be made from 100 percent recycled fibers and is recyclable and compostable.
In addition, manufacturing the recycled tray uses less than 10 percent of the total energy required to make a new Amaray case.
Lionsgate’s record label will be adopting environmentally friendly packaging for the CD of the Weeds soundtrack too.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B