BASF Measures Sustainability Of Food Production
BASF has developed a tool for its customers in the food industry which gives information on the composition of products and manufacturing methods – including levels of sustainability achieved in production (via FoodProductionDaily.com).
S.E.T. stands for Sustainability, Eco-Efficiency and Traceability. It analyzes the life cycle of a product or manufacturing process “from cradle to grave.” The process includes aspects such as environmental pollution and CO2 emissions by the products themselves and their precursor products. This method is also used by the Eco Institute in Freiburg, Germany.
Normally the information presented would represent figures for the entire manufacturing process, but if it seemed appropriate separate figures for each manufacturing stage would be provided, according to the FPD article.
Energy Manager News
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money