BASF Measures Sustainability Of Food Production
BASF has developed a tool for its customers in the food industry which gives information on the composition of products and manufacturing methods – including levels of sustainability achieved in production (via FoodProductionDaily.com).
S.E.T. stands for Sustainability, Eco-Efficiency and Traceability. It analyzes the life cycle of a product or manufacturing process “from cradle to grave.” The process includes aspects such as environmental pollution and CO2 emissions by the products themselves and their precursor products. This method is also used by the Eco Institute in Freiburg, Germany.
Normally the information presented would represent figures for the entire manufacturing process, but if it seemed appropriate separate figures for each manufacturing stage would be provided, according to the FPD article.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners