BASF Measures Sustainability Of Food Production
BASF has developed a tool for its customers in the food industry which gives information on the composition of products and manufacturing methods – including levels of sustainability achieved in production (via FoodProductionDaily.com).
S.E.T. stands for Sustainability, Eco-Efficiency and Traceability. It analyzes the life cycle of a product or manufacturing process “from cradle to grave.” The process includes aspects such as environmental pollution and CO2 emissions by the products themselves and their precursor products. This method is also used by the Eco Institute in Freiburg, Germany.
Normally the information presented would represent figures for the entire manufacturing process, but if it seemed appropriate separate figures for each manufacturing stage would be provided, according to the FPD article.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned