Software Calculates Carbon Footprint What-Ifs
ILOG has released a Carbon Footprint extension to its LogicNet Plus XE supply-chain application, InfoWorld reports.
The software can map out several scenarios to assess the cost of, for example, adding new distribution facilities in various locations, then factor in different modes of transporting goods and the impact that the various configurations would have on service (40 percent next-day delivery vs. 80 percent, for example). It can also estimate the carbon impact of changes to the supply-chain network by computing the total carbon emissions associated with the new distribution facilities, plants, and modes of transportation used between various points.
Aravo and WSP Environment & Energy recently partnered to target corporate sustainability and environmental compliance users with a Aravo software service for companies interested in supply chain carbon discovery.
Supply Chain Consulting launched its new CarbonView suite which integrates together all the various databases used to manage a firm’s extended supply chain and can calculate the carbon and broader environmental footprint from each stage of the supply chain.
Here are some other products for measuring carbon in other business areas.
If you have others you’d like mentioned, please leave a comment.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management