Toyota Backs Plant-A-Tree Program On Facebook
Users gift trees to their friends. For every gift sent to a friend, the Arbor Day Foundation plants a tree in one of eleven forests. The cost of sending a tree to a friend is $1. The Arbor Day Foundation has a goal of planting one million trees in the first year of the application. Toyota is supporting the effort by purchasing $50,000 worth of trees, so the first 50,000 users can send one tree to a friend for free.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal