Chrysler Tests Wind Potential At Chelsea Proving Grounds
Chrysler is erecting a 26-story meteorological tower at its Chelsea Proving Grounds to determine if high-level winds are suitable for generating electricity. Energy experts from Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan and the consulting firm, North Coast Wind and Power, will monitor the site.
If the study yields favorable results, Chrysler says it will investigate the potential to construct turbines on the property.
A study of Washtenaw County wind energy potential, along with other related documents, is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool