Chrysler Tests Wind Potential At Chelsea Proving Grounds
Chrysler is erecting a 26-story meteorological tower at its Chelsea Proving Grounds to determine if high-level winds are suitable for generating electricity. Energy experts from Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan and the consulting firm, North Coast Wind and Power, will monitor the site.
If the study yields favorable results, Chrysler says it will investigate the potential to construct turbines on the property.
A study of Washtenaw County wind energy potential, along with other related documents, is available here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B