Chrysler Tests Wind Potential At Chelsea Proving Grounds
Chrysler is erecting a 26-story meteorological tower at its Chelsea Proving Grounds to determine if high-level winds are suitable for generating electricity. Energy experts from Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan and the consulting firm, North Coast Wind and Power, will monitor the site.
If the study yields favorable results, Chrysler says it will investigate the potential to construct turbines on the property.
A study of Washtenaw County wind energy potential, along with other related documents, is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned