Chrysler Tests Wind Potential At Chelsea Proving Grounds
Chrysler is erecting a 26-story meteorological tower at its Chelsea Proving Grounds to determine if high-level winds are suitable for generating electricity. Energy experts from Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan and the consulting firm, North Coast Wind and Power, will monitor the site.
If the study yields favorable results, Chrysler says it will investigate the potential to construct turbines on the property.
A study of Washtenaw County wind energy potential, along with other related documents, is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working