Chrysler Tests Wind Potential At Chelsea Proving Grounds
Chrysler is erecting a 26-story meteorological tower at its Chelsea Proving Grounds to determine if high-level winds are suitable for generating electricity. Energy experts from Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan and the consulting firm, North Coast Wind and Power, will monitor the site.
If the study yields favorable results, Chrysler says it will investigate the potential to construct turbines on the property.
A study of Washtenaw County wind energy potential, along with other related documents, is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works