Home Depot Pledges $30M For Habitat Green Building Program
The Home Depot Foundation is giving Habitat for Humanity $30 million in financial and in-kind support and technical resources to make at least 5,000 homes built by Habitat affiliates more energy efficient and sustainable.
The Home Depot Foundation’s Partners in Sustainable Building program will provide energy-efficient and sustainable building resources for approximately 17 percent of all single- and multi-family homes built by Habitat for Humanity over the next five years.
The partnership begins with a one-year pilot program with approximately 30 Habitat affiliates in a variety of climates and in rural and urban areas to best gauge the impact of the program.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion