Home Depot Pledges $30M For Habitat Green Building Program
The Home Depot Foundation is giving Habitat for Humanity $30 million in financial and in-kind support and technical resources to make at least 5,000 homes built by Habitat affiliates more energy efficient and sustainable.
The Home Depot Foundation’s Partners in Sustainable Building program will provide energy-efficient and sustainable building resources for approximately 17 percent of all single- and multi-family homes built by Habitat for Humanity over the next five years.
The partnership begins with a one-year pilot program with approximately 30 Habitat affiliates in a variety of climates and in rural and urban areas to best gauge the impact of the program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend