Home Depot Pledges $30M For Habitat Green Building Program
The Home Depot Foundation is giving Habitat for Humanity $30 million in financial and in-kind support and technical resources to make at least 5,000 homes built by Habitat affiliates more energy efficient and sustainable.
The Home Depot Foundation’s Partners in Sustainable Building program will provide energy-efficient and sustainable building resources for approximately 17 percent of all single- and multi-family homes built by Habitat for Humanity over the next five years.
The partnership begins with a one-year pilot program with approximately 30 Habitat affiliates in a variety of climates and in rural and urban areas to best gauge the impact of the program.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices