Microsoft ‘Green’ Campaign Has Nothing To Do With Environment
At a time when the word “green” is synonymous with helping the environment, Microsoft has launched a new marketing campaign for its Windows Live OneCare protection suite with the tagline, “Get Green, Stay Green.” The problem is that the product has nothing to do with the environment, Computerworld reports.
“The Get Green Stay Green campaign is designed to make sure Windows Live OneCare users are staying ‘green’ – meaning their PC Health Status,” according to The Windows Experience Blog. Simply put, green means your computer is healthy and red means it isn’t.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency