Microsoft ‘Green’ Campaign Has Nothing To Do With Environment
At a time when the word “green” is synonymous with helping the environment, Microsoft has launched a new marketing campaign for its Windows Live OneCare protection suite with the tagline, “Get Green, Stay Green.” The problem is that the product has nothing to do with the environment, Computerworld reports.
“The Get Green Stay Green campaign is designed to make sure Windows Live OneCare users are staying ‘green’ – meaning their PC Health Status,” according to The Windows Experience Blog. Simply put, green means your computer is healthy and red means it isn’t.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years