Microsoft ‘Green’ Campaign Has Nothing To Do With Environment
At a time when the word “green” is synonymous with helping the environment, Microsoft has launched a new marketing campaign for its Windows Live OneCare protection suite with the tagline, “Get Green, Stay Green.” The problem is that the product has nothing to do with the environment, Computerworld reports.
“The Get Green Stay Green campaign is designed to make sure Windows Live OneCare users are staying ‘green’ – meaning their PC Health Status,” according to The Windows Experience Blog. Simply put, green means your computer is healthy and red means it isn’t.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B