Raley’s Retrofits Old Diesels With New Exhaust Filters
Raley’s, a supermarket chain with stores in California, has retrofitted 16 older trucks with a new exhaust filtration system resulting in the trucks burning cleaner than brand new trucks and well-below the new air emissions standards, according to the company.The exhaust filter system, created by Johnson Matthey, reduces smog-forming emissions by more than 80 percent and virtually eliminates diesel soot emissions.
Here’s a video on the retrofit from KCRA-TV.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight