Raley’s Retrofits Old Diesels With New Exhaust Filters
Raley’s, a supermarket chain with stores in California, has retrofitted 16 older trucks with a new exhaust filtration system resulting in the trucks burning cleaner than brand new trucks and well-below the new air emissions standards, according to the company.The exhaust filter system, created by Johnson Matthey, reduces smog-forming emissions by more than 80 percent and virtually eliminates diesel soot emissions.
Here’s a video on the retrofit from KCRA-TV.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls