Raley’s Retrofits Old Diesels With New Exhaust Filters
Raley’s, a supermarket chain with stores in California, has retrofitted 16 older trucks with a new exhaust filtration system resulting in the trucks burning cleaner than brand new trucks and well-below the new air emissions standards, according to the company.The exhaust filter system, created by Johnson Matthey, reduces smog-forming emissions by more than 80 percent and virtually eliminates diesel soot emissions.
Here’s a video on the retrofit from KCRA-TV.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage