Raley’s Retrofits Old Diesels With New Exhaust Filters
Raley’s, a supermarket chain with stores in California, has retrofitted 16 older trucks with a new exhaust filtration system resulting in the trucks burning cleaner than brand new trucks and well-below the new air emissions standards, according to the company.The exhaust filter system, created by Johnson Matthey, reduces smog-forming emissions by more than 80 percent and virtually eliminates diesel soot emissions.
Here’s a video on the retrofit from KCRA-TV.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion