Toys R Us Launches Eco-Friendly Toys, Green Logo
Toys R Us has launched a line of environmentally friendly toys. The first toys in the collection include natural wooden toys, natural cotton plush animals and organic cotton dolls – will be available nationwide and online by Earth Day. Additional items in the line will be introduced later this year.
The toys come packaged in earth-tone colored boxes that bear a green reversed “R” logo with a green leaf, encircled by the words “Recycle, Renew, Reuse, Re-think.”
The toys come in packaging that is made from no less than 70 percent recycled material. The natural wooden toys are decorated using a wood-burning technique and are marked with the Forest Stewardship Council logo. The natural cotton plush animals and organic cotton dolls are colored using natural or water-based dyes and are made with unprocessed, unbleached and untreated cotton.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store