Toys R Us Launches Eco-Friendly Toys, Green Logo
Toys R Us has launched a line of environmentally friendly toys. The first toys in the collection include natural wooden toys, natural cotton plush animals and organic cotton dolls – will be available nationwide and online by Earth Day. Additional items in the line will be introduced later this year.
The toys come packaged in earth-tone colored boxes that bear a green reversed “R” logo with a green leaf, encircled by the words “Recycle, Renew, Reuse, Re-think.”
The toys come in packaging that is made from no less than 70 percent recycled material. The natural wooden toys are decorated using a wood-burning technique and are marked with the Forest Stewardship Council logo. The natural cotton plush animals and organic cotton dolls are colored using natural or water-based dyes and are made with unprocessed, unbleached and untreated cotton.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B