Wal-Mart Launches Green Mega-Push
Wal-Martâ€™ is offering a line of fair trade certified coffee as part of a green push for Earth Month. The company says all the coffees are certified “carbon neutral” because its Brazil-based coffee roaster has cut its net carbon emissions to zero.
But coffee is just part of it.
Wal-Mart says it has launched “its most comprehensive environmental sustainability campaign” ever, including a merchandising and marketing campaign and a national advertising campaign that includes print, television, radio and online ads as well as a 16-page insert in May issues of several consumer magazines.
More than 50 products spanning various aspects of sustainability including energy conservation, waste reduction, and organics will be featured on store shelves during the month of April and other products will be featured online.
For one of the products, Wal-Mart has partnered with Coca-Cola to introduce co-branded t-shirts made with recycled plastic Coke bottles.
Wal-Mart is also giving away a million reusable shopping bags.
Back to the coffee – Wal-Mart will start selling the six coffees, including Samâ€™s Choice Fair Trade certified coffee, Samâ€™s Choice Rainforest Alliance certified coffee, and Samâ€™s Choice USDA organic decaffeinated coffee, under the Samâ€™s Choice brand in all of its U.S. stores, MediaBuyerPlanner reports.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- Thereâ€™s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?