Tyson Releases CSR Report
Tyson Foods has issued a corporate responsibility report (PDF).
Absolute emissions from electricity have risen from 2.69 million metric tons in 2005 to 2.97 million metric tons in 2006. Likewise, emissions from “combustion,” and “refrigeration” have also gone up.
“Mobile” emissions have dropped from .66 million metric tons to .63 million metric tons. The company is a Smartway partner.
Tyson has reduced its water use by 15 percent per pound of finished product over the past two years and intends to implement additional water conservation measures in fiscal 2008.
Through alliances with other companies, Tyson plans to produce up to 250 million gallons of renewable fuel a year from animal fat within the next three to four years.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE