Tyson Releases CSR Report
Tyson Foods has issued a corporate responsibility report (PDF).
Absolute emissions from electricity have risen from 2.69 million metric tons in 2005 to 2.97 million metric tons in 2006. Likewise, emissions from “combustion,” and “refrigeration” have also gone up.
“Mobile” emissions have dropped from .66 million metric tons to .63 million metric tons. The company is a Smartway partner.
Tyson has reduced its water use by 15 percent per pound of finished product over the past two years and intends to implement additional water conservation measures in fiscal 2008.
Through alliances with other companies, Tyson plans to produce up to 250 million gallons of renewable fuel a year from animal fat within the next three to four years.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store