Tyson Releases CSR Report
Tyson Foods has issued a corporate responsibility report (PDF).
Absolute emissions from electricity have risen from 2.69 million metric tons in 2005 to 2.97 million metric tons in 2006. Likewise, emissions from “combustion,” and “refrigeration” have also gone up.
“Mobile” emissions have dropped from .66 million metric tons to .63 million metric tons. The company is a Smartway partner.
Tyson has reduced its water use by 15 percent per pound of finished product over the past two years and intends to implement additional water conservation measures in fiscal 2008.
Through alliances with other companies, Tyson plans to produce up to 250 million gallons of renewable fuel a year from animal fat within the next three to four years.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy