Tyson Releases CSR Report
Tyson Foods has issued a corporate responsibility report (PDF).
Absolute emissions from electricity have risen from 2.69 million metric tons in 2005 to 2.97 million metric tons in 2006. Likewise, emissions from “combustion,” and “refrigeration” have also gone up.
“Mobile” emissions have dropped from .66 million metric tons to .63 million metric tons. The company is a Smartway partner.
Tyson has reduced its water use by 15 percent per pound of finished product over the past two years and intends to implement additional water conservation measures in fiscal 2008.
Through alliances with other companies, Tyson plans to produce up to 250 million gallons of renewable fuel a year from animal fat within the next three to four years.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution