Tyson Releases CSR Report
Tyson Foods has issued a corporate responsibility report (PDF).
Absolute emissions from electricity have risen from 2.69 million metric tons in 2005 to 2.97 million metric tons in 2006. Likewise, emissions from “combustion,” and “refrigeration” have also gone up.
“Mobile” emissions have dropped from .66 million metric tons to .63 million metric tons. The company is a Smartway partner.
Tyson has reduced its water use by 15 percent per pound of finished product over the past two years and intends to implement additional water conservation measures in fiscal 2008.
Through alliances with other companies, Tyson plans to produce up to 250 million gallons of renewable fuel a year from animal fat within the next three to four years.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners