Chadbourne & Parke Launches Green Initiative
Chadbourne & Parke has launched a green initiative that focuses on recycling and reductions in energy and resource consumption.
On the recycling front, the law firm’s personnel will have two containers at their desks, labeled for paper and trash. Bottles and cans will be recycled in bins in pantries.
Chadbourne is buying renewable energy certificates to offset 60 percent of its domestic energy use.
General office supplies that contain recycled materials are being used where available; copier paper already has 30 percent recycled content. As stationery and business cards are replaced, they will use a higher content of recycled paper.
Firm-branded reusable water bottles will be distributed to enable personnel to use the filtered water fountains and stations in place of disposable bottles of water.
The firm will be using environmentally friendly plates, utensils and cups; catered events that previously used plastic will also use such products.
Law.com has a great roundup on green initiatives from U.S. law firms.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works