Chadbourne & Parke Launches Green Initiative
Chadbourne & Parke has launched a green initiative that focuses on recycling and reductions in energy and resource consumption.
On the recycling front, the law firm’s personnel will have two containers at their desks, labeled for paper and trash. Bottles and cans will be recycled in bins in pantries.
Chadbourne is buying renewable energy certificates to offset 60 percent of its domestic energy use.
General office supplies that contain recycled materials are being used where available; copier paper already has 30 percent recycled content. As stationery and business cards are replaced, they will use a higher content of recycled paper.
Firm-branded reusable water bottles will be distributed to enable personnel to use the filtered water fountains and stations in place of disposable bottles of water.
The firm will be using environmentally friendly plates, utensils and cups; catered events that previously used plastic will also use such products.
Law.com has a great roundup on green initiatives from U.S. law firms.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls