Chadbourne & Parke Launches Green Initiative
Chadbourne & Parke has launched a green initiative that focuses on recycling and reductions in energy and resource consumption.
On the recycling front, the law firm’s personnel will have two containers at their desks, labeled for paper and trash. Bottles and cans will be recycled in bins in pantries.
Chadbourne is buying renewable energy certificates to offset 60 percent of its domestic energy use.
General office supplies that contain recycled materials are being used where available; copier paper already has 30 percent recycled content. As stationery and business cards are replaced, they will use a higher content of recycled paper.
Firm-branded reusable water bottles will be distributed to enable personnel to use the filtered water fountains and stations in place of disposable bottles of water.
The firm will be using environmentally friendly plates, utensils and cups; catered events that previously used plastic will also use such products.
Law.com has a great roundup on green initiatives from U.S. law firms.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations