HP Releases CSR Report, List Of Suppliers
HP has issued its 2007 Global Citizenship Report and a list of its largest suppliers.
According to the report, nearly three years ahead of schedule, HP has met its goal to reduce the annual energy consumption and associated greenhouse gas emissions of its operations and products
sold each year to 20 percent below 2005 levels by 2010. HP has also increased its target to 25 percent below 2005 levels by 2010, and it joined the World Wildlife Fund Climate Savers program in 2008. (See chart below.)
The company says it also exceeded its goal to recycle 1 billion pounds of electronic products and supplies by the end of 2007. Now, the company says it will recover an additional 1 billion pounds for reuse and recycling by the end of 2010.
Here are the numbers from the report.
HP also released a list of its largest suppliers, representing more than 95 percent of the company’s procurement expenditures for materials, manufacturing and assembly of its products worldwide.
P’s hope is that the increased visibility will change supplier labor, health and safety, environmental and ethics practices, and that other companies will follow its lead.
HP says it operates the largest supply chain in the technology industry. The company’s top suppliers must comply with the Electronic Industry Code of Conduct and meet HP’s social and environmental responsibility expectations, wherever in the world the suppliers operate.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solect Energy to Head PowerOptions Small Scale Solar Initiative
- NRG to Build, Market Combined Heat and Power System in Pittsburgh
- MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
- Molson Coors Saves Money, Cuts Emissions With Onsite Power
- RMI Report Traces the Rise of the Battery
- North Carolina’s Clean Energy Sector Adds Jobs, Hikes Revenue
- New Transceivers Boost Energy Efficiency Up to 20%
- Two Universities Gain by Switching Heat from Steam to Hot Water