Ford To Install Third Wind Turbine At UK Plant
Ford is adding a third wind turbine at its Dagenham Diesel Centre in the UK to power the installation of a new 1.4/1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi engine line, according to Easier Motoring.
The existing two Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tonnes of CO2 emissions a year since 2004. A third Ecotricity turbine, subject to planning approval, would have the capacity to produce 1.8 megawatts.
The plant makes engines for the Ford Focus ECOnetic.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners