Ford To Install Third Wind Turbine At UK Plant
Ford is adding a third wind turbine at its Dagenham Diesel Centre in the UK to power the installation of a new 1.4/1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi engine line, according to Easier Motoring.
The existing two Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tonnes of CO2 emissions a year since 2004. A third Ecotricity turbine, subject to planning approval, would have the capacity to produce 1.8 megawatts.
The plant makes engines for the Ford Focus ECOnetic.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data