Ford To Install Third Wind Turbine At UK Plant
Ford is adding a third wind turbine at its Dagenham Diesel Centre in the UK to power the installation of a new 1.4/1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi engine line, according to Easier Motoring.
The existing two Ecotricity wind turbines at Ford Dagenham have avoided over 6,500 tonnes of CO2 emissions a year since 2004. A third Ecotricity turbine, subject to planning approval, would have the capacity to produce 1.8 megawatts.
The plant makes engines for the Ford Focus ECOnetic.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses