Trane Cuts Costs With Lighting Retrofit
Air conditioning manufacturer Trane has saved over $30,000 in energy costs with a lighting retrofit at its Vidalia, Ga., production facility. Orion’s high intensity fluorescent lighting system has reduced energy use by more than 467,000 kilowatt hours.
The company also recently installed Orion’s Wireless InteLite system. Before the retrofit, the plant kept all of its lights on for safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the new control system, Trane turns off 90 percent of lighting in areas where it’s not needed. The system could save Trane another 498,000 kilowatt hours and more than $32,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners