Trane Cuts Costs With Lighting Retrofit
Air conditioning manufacturer Trane has saved over $30,000 in energy costs with a lighting retrofit at its Vidalia, Ga., production facility. Orion’s high intensity fluorescent lighting system has reduced energy use by more than 467,000 kilowatt hours.
The company also recently installed Orion’s Wireless InteLite system. Before the retrofit, the plant kept all of its lights on for safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the new control system, Trane turns off 90 percent of lighting in areas where it’s not needed. The system could save Trane another 498,000 kilowatt hours and more than $32,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes