Trane Cuts Costs With Lighting Retrofit
Air conditioning manufacturer Trane has saved over $30,000 in energy costs with a lighting retrofit at its Vidalia, Ga., production facility. Orion’s high intensity fluorescent lighting system has reduced energy use by more than 467,000 kilowatt hours.
The company also recently installed Orion’s Wireless InteLite system. Before the retrofit, the plant kept all of its lights on for safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the new control system, Trane turns off 90 percent of lighting in areas where it’s not needed. The system could save Trane another 498,000 kilowatt hours and more than $32,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls