Trane Cuts Costs With Lighting Retrofit
Air conditioning manufacturer Trane has saved over $30,000 in energy costs with a lighting retrofit at its Vidalia, Ga., production facility. Orion’s high intensity fluorescent lighting system has reduced energy use by more than 467,000 kilowatt hours.
The company also recently installed Orion’s Wireless InteLite system. Before the retrofit, the plant kept all of its lights on for safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the new control system, Trane turns off 90 percent of lighting in areas where it’s not needed. The system could save Trane another 498,000 kilowatt hours and more than $32,000 annually.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy