Trane Cuts Costs With Lighting Retrofit
Air conditioning manufacturer Trane has saved over $30,000 in energy costs with a lighting retrofit at its Vidalia, Ga., production facility. Orion’s high intensity fluorescent lighting system has reduced energy use by more than 467,000 kilowatt hours.
The company also recently installed Orion’s Wireless InteLite system. Before the retrofit, the plant kept all of its lights on for safety 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With the new control system, Trane turns off 90 percent of lighting in areas where it’s not needed. The system could save Trane another 498,000 kilowatt hours and more than $32,000 annually.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento