Tools Advise On Purchasing Sustainable Forest-Based Products
A number of new resources from the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development have been unveiled to help businesses procure fsustainable forest-based products – such as construction materials and paper. The tools include a report (PDF) that includes the top 10 questions that corporate managers should ask when purchasing forest-based products, a shorter overview report, and a Web site with a spreadsheet tool.
“Finally having a more complete picture of the landscape will make it easier for buyers to design purchasing policies that fight illegal logging, promote sustainable forest management, and protect the environment,” said Cassie Phillips, vice president of sustainable forests and products at Weyerhaeuser Company.
In October, the Environmental Paper Network issued a report, The State of the Paper Industry which the new group said was the first comprehensive report addressing fiber sourcing, recycling, consumption, and paper production.
In August, Monadnock Paper Mills released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses