Tools Advise On Purchasing Sustainable Forest-Based Products
A number of new resources from the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development have been unveiled to help businesses procure fsustainable forest-based products – such as construction materials and paper. The tools include a report (PDF) that includes the top 10 questions that corporate managers should ask when purchasing forest-based products, a shorter overview report, and a Web site with a spreadsheet tool.
“Finally having a more complete picture of the landscape will make it easier for buyers to design purchasing policies that fight illegal logging, promote sustainable forest management, and protect the environment,” said Cassie Phillips, vice president of sustainable forests and products at Weyerhaeuser Company.
In October, the Environmental Paper Network issued a report, The State of the Paper Industry which the new group said was the first comprehensive report addressing fiber sourcing, recycling, consumption, and paper production.
In August, Monadnock Paper Mills released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry