Tools Advise On Purchasing Sustainable Forest-Based Products
A number of new resources from the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development have been unveiled to help businesses procure fsustainable forest-based products – such as construction materials and paper. The tools include a report (PDF) that includes the top 10 questions that corporate managers should ask when purchasing forest-based products, a shorter overview report, and a Web site with a spreadsheet tool.
“Finally having a more complete picture of the landscape will make it easier for buyers to design purchasing policies that fight illegal logging, promote sustainable forest management, and protect the environment,” said Cassie Phillips, vice president of sustainable forests and products at Weyerhaeuser Company.
In October, the Environmental Paper Network issued a report, The State of the Paper Industry which the new group said was the first comprehensive report addressing fiber sourcing, recycling, consumption, and paper production.
In August, Monadnock Paper Mills released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case