Tools Advise On Purchasing Sustainable Forest-Based Products
A number of new resources from the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development have been unveiled to help businesses procure fsustainable forest-based products – such as construction materials and paper. The tools include a report (PDF) that includes the top 10 questions that corporate managers should ask when purchasing forest-based products, a shorter overview report, and a Web site with a spreadsheet tool.
“Finally having a more complete picture of the landscape will make it easier for buyers to design purchasing policies that fight illegal logging, promote sustainable forest management, and protect the environment,” said Cassie Phillips, vice president of sustainable forests and products at Weyerhaeuser Company.
In October, the Environmental Paper Network issued a report, The State of the Paper Industry which the new group said was the first comprehensive report addressing fiber sourcing, recycling, consumption, and paper production.
In August, Monadnock Paper Mills released the second edition of a how-to guide for creating more sustainable print materials.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business