DNCC Challenges Delegates To Buy Carbon Offsets
Delegates to the Democratic Convention with the highest percentage of members offsetting their carbon emissions will be recognized in their seating section on the floor of the Convention – if they offset their travel they’ll also receive a “green item” to be worn for Convention week.
The DNCC has partnered with Native Energy for the offsets, which come from a number of domestic community-based clean energy projects including Wray School District Wind Turbine in Wray, Colo.; a Focus the Nation Wind Turbine on a family farm in Rosedell Township, Minn.; a fourth generation family dairy farm methane project in Rockwood, Pa.; and the Des Plaines, Ill., Landfill Gas-to-Energy Project.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation