Office Depot Launches Green Product Line
Office Depot has launched a new line of office supplies called “Office Depot Green.” It will include core supplies, such as recycled paper, notebooks and file folders, as well as remanufactured ink and toner cartridges, non-toxic cleaners and compact fluorescent light bulbs.
The Green line is available nationwide and online. The brand will include products made from 30 percent or more recycled content, remanufactured products, and Energy Star qualified and Green Seal certified items.
In December, Office Depot launched its fourth Green Book, a catalog featuring about 3,000 products with environmental attributes.
A recent report from Dogwood Alliance and ForestEthics highlighted the forest-related paper practices of Corporate Express, FedEx Kinko’s, Office Depot, OfficeMax, and Staples.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion