P&G, Domtar Commit To Sustainable Forest Products
Procter & Gamble and Domtar Corporation have joined the North America Forest & Trade Network. NAFTN is the North American arm of the Global Forest & Trade Network, WWF’s initiative to eliminate illegal logging and improve the management of forests.
As members of the Forest & Trade Network, the companies make commitments to phase out all trade in wood from unknown, illegal, and controversial sources. WWF’s Global Forest & Trade Network has more than 350 members worldwide.
P&G will initially work with the NAFTN on its Family Care business which includes the Bounty, Charmin, and Puffs brands with plans to expand to other areas later. Domtar Corporation, a Canadian-based papers company, is working with WWF to pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all Domtar-managed forest land in Canada and promote FSC-certified papers, such as the company’s EarthChoice line.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling