P&G, Domtar Commit To Sustainable Forest Products
Procter & Gamble and Domtar Corporation have joined the North America Forest & Trade Network. NAFTN is the North American arm of the Global Forest & Trade Network, WWF’s initiative to eliminate illegal logging and improve the management of forests.
As members of the Forest & Trade Network, the companies make commitments to phase out all trade in wood from unknown, illegal, and controversial sources. WWF’s Global Forest & Trade Network has more than 350 members worldwide.
P&G will initially work with the NAFTN on its Family Care business which includes the Bounty, Charmin, and Puffs brands with plans to expand to other areas later. Domtar Corporation, a Canadian-based papers company, is working with WWF to pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all Domtar-managed forest land in Canada and promote FSC-certified papers, such as the company’s EarthChoice line.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency