P&G, Domtar Commit To Sustainable Forest Products
Procter & Gamble and Domtar Corporation have joined the North America Forest & Trade Network. NAFTN is the North American arm of the Global Forest & Trade Network, WWF’s initiative to eliminate illegal logging and improve the management of forests.
As members of the Forest & Trade Network, the companies make commitments to phase out all trade in wood from unknown, illegal, and controversial sources. WWF’s Global Forest & Trade Network has more than 350 members worldwide.
P&G will initially work with the NAFTN on its Family Care business which includes the Bounty, Charmin, and Puffs brands with plans to expand to other areas later. Domtar Corporation, a Canadian-based papers company, is working with WWF to pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all Domtar-managed forest land in Canada and promote FSC-certified papers, such as the company’s EarthChoice line.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor
- Denver Zoo Halts Biomass Project
- New York City Continues to Blaze Building Efficiency Trail with Launch of Its Data-Driven NYC Retrofit Accelerator
- Support Builds for Marrying Printable Electronics and Smart Buildings
- Six Steps to a Winning GRESB Audit
- Mexico Shopping for 2M Smart Meters
- Raleigh, N.C. Finally Getting its LEDs
- Wireless Can Make for a More Energy-Efficient BAS System