P&G, Domtar Commit To Sustainable Forest Products
Procter & Gamble and Domtar Corporation have joined the North America Forest & Trade Network. NAFTN is the North American arm of the Global Forest & Trade Network, WWF’s initiative to eliminate illegal logging and improve the management of forests.
As members of the Forest & Trade Network, the companies make commitments to phase out all trade in wood from unknown, illegal, and controversial sources. WWF’s Global Forest & Trade Network has more than 350 members worldwide.
P&G will initially work with the NAFTN on its Family Care business which includes the Bounty, Charmin, and Puffs brands with plans to expand to other areas later. Domtar Corporation, a Canadian-based papers company, is working with WWF to pursue Forest Stewardship Council certification for all Domtar-managed forest land in Canada and promote FSC-certified papers, such as the company’s EarthChoice line.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System