Specific User Benefits Sell Eco-Friendly Products
When choosing between two similar products, 83 percent of consumers are extremely or very likely to choose the environmentally friendly option, according to a survey from DoubleClick Performics gauging online consumer behavior and attitudes regarding green marketing.
In addition, the most attractive type of environmentally-conscious marketing is that which focuses on such “specific user benefits” as saving money on bills or longer product lifespan.
“Not only are consumers interested in green products and companies, our survey shows that nearly half of them will to pay at least five percent more for them,” said Stuart Larkins, senior vice president of search at DoubleClick Performics. “With so many consumers online researching and purchasing products, retailers should include relevant environmentally-conscious information throughout their paid and natural search campaigns, affiliate promotions, display ads, and e-mail.”
The vast majority of Americans who make online purchases say it is important to them that an online company is environmentally-conscious, including 60 percent who say it is extremely or very important.
About half of those who make online purchases (49%) say they at least some of the time they specifically search for environmentally-friendly products when making an online purchase; 18% do so every or almost every time. Only 24 percent say they never do. Younger adults are more likely than older ones to search for environmentally-friendly products.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water
- Ensuring Renewable Energy Goals Become a Reality in the Caribbean
- Dunkin’ Donuts Distributor Updates with LEDs
- Grid Forecasting Tool Combines 5 Different Models
- Verizon Introduces Smart Energy-as-a-Service
- Energy Efficiency Saves $750,000 per Year for Civic Center
- Biomass Supplements Output of Geothermal Power Plant
- Schneider Uniflair LE Room Cooling Series Receives DOE Certification for Energy Efficiency