Specific User Benefits Sell Eco-Friendly Products
When choosing between two similar products, 83 percent of consumers are extremely or very likely to choose the environmentally friendly option, according to a survey from DoubleClick Performics gauging online consumer behavior and attitudes regarding green marketing.
In addition, the most attractive type of environmentally-conscious marketing is that which focuses on such “specific user benefits” as saving money on bills or longer product lifespan.
“Not only are consumers interested in green products and companies, our survey shows that nearly half of them will to pay at least five percent more for them,” said Stuart Larkins, senior vice president of search at DoubleClick Performics. “With so many consumers online researching and purchasing products, retailers should include relevant environmentally-conscious information throughout their paid and natural search campaigns, affiliate promotions, display ads, and e-mail.”
The vast majority of Americans who make online purchases say it is important to them that an online company is environmentally-conscious, including 60 percent who say it is extremely or very important.
About half of those who make online purchases (49%) say they at least some of the time they specifically search for environmentally-friendly products when making an online purchase; 18% do so every or almost every time. Only 24 percent say they never do. Younger adults are more likely than older ones to search for environmentally-friendly products.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA