Target Launches First-Class Recycling Campaign
In case you missed this, the April 8 issue of Newsweek, on sale April 8, has a cover that converts into a prepaid envelope for sending Target’s plastic shopping bags to Terracycle where they are manufactured into reTotes, the reusable shopping bags sold by the retailer.
After the bags are mailed in, readers receive a coupon in the mail to receive a free Retote.
This is a one-of-a-kind promotion that lets everyone who gets the magazine take part in an environmental program, said Newsweek President Greg Osberg. Its a clever use of the magazine and clever use by a marketer. Readers and Target shoppers will recycle their shopping bags and, in return, get a practical bag that can be used all the time.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market