Toxic 100 Fingers DuPont As Top Polluter
DuPont heads this year’s Toxic 100, a list of the top corporate air polluters in the U.S. from researchers at the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts. Nissan Motor, Archer Daniels Midland, Eastman Kodak, and General Electric round out the top five.
The rankings take into account not only the quantity of releases, but also the relative toxicity of chemicals, nearby populations, and transport factors such as prevailing winds and height of smokestacks, according to the researchers.
For the first time, the Toxic 100 includes foreign corporations with facilities in the U.S. Three of them – Nisssan, Bayer Group, and Acelor Mittal – made the list’s top ten.
Top 10 (links go to PERI stats):
The full list of the Toxic 100 here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses