Sun Unveils Next Generation CMT Energy Efficient Server
Sun has announced the next generation of Niagara, its CMT energy efficient server.
The new CMT SPARC Enterprise T5140 and T5240 can do approximately 2x more work than the previous generation while inhabiting the same chassis, according to the company. Sun also says that the new server leads the industry in energy efficiency.
“In just two-and-a-half years we’ve increased CMT performance by over 5x without sacrificing space or power efficiency,” says John Fowler, executive vice president of Sun’s Systems Group. “Customers can now scale more with less whether they’re developing Web 2.0 services or running classic CRM or ERP.”
The first generation of CMT server, the Sun Fire T1000/T2000, was the first server ever to qualify for a major utility company rebate.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation