Sun Unveils Next Generation CMT Energy Efficient Server
Sun has announced the next generation of Niagara, its CMT energy efficient server.
The new CMT SPARC Enterprise T5140 and T5240 can do approximately 2x more work than the previous generation while inhabiting the same chassis, according to the company. Sun also says that the new server leads the industry in energy efficiency.
“In just two-and-a-half years we’ve increased CMT performance by over 5x without sacrificing space or power efficiency,” says John Fowler, executive vice president of Sun’s Systems Group. “Customers can now scale more with less whether they’re developing Web 2.0 services or running classic CRM or ERP.”
The first generation of CMT server, the Sun Fire T1000/T2000, was the first server ever to qualify for a major utility company rebate.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments