Plastic Bag Ban A Pain. No, Really.
Down in Australia, the shop assistants’ union wants laws to protect checkout operators from injury when they are forced to lift environmentally-friendly, reusable bags, which can carry up to 40 percent more than plastic bags, Australia’s ABC News reports. The union claims that 11.3 percent of all checkout operators have been injured lifting the green bags.
Australia is expected to ban plastic bags next year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland