Plastic Bag Ban A Pain. No, Really.
Down in Australia, the shop assistants’ union wants laws to protect checkout operators from injury when they are forced to lift environmentally-friendly, reusable bags, which can carry up to 40 percent more than plastic bags, Australia’s ABC News reports. The union claims that 11.3 percent of all checkout operators have been injured lifting the green bags.
Australia is expected to ban plastic bags next year.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment