Plastic Bag Ban A Pain. No, Really.
Down in Australia, the shop assistants’ union wants laws to protect checkout operators from injury when they are forced to lift environmentally-friendly, reusable bags, which can carry up to 40 percent more than plastic bags, Australia’s ABC News reports. The union claims that 11.3 percent of all checkout operators have been injured lifting the green bags.
Australia is expected to ban plastic bags next year.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array