Vancity First Carbon Neutral Bank In North America
Vancouver City Savings Credit Union says it’s the first North American-based financial institution to be carbon neutral, two years ahead of schedule.
Over the last 10 years, Vancity cut its energy use by 50 percent, incidents of staff commuting to work by driving alone by 13 percent, and its paper consumption by 30 percent saving well over $2 million in energy costs alone.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data