Lighting Top Purchase For Increasing Energy Efficiency
Twenty-two percent of respondents to a ChangeWave survey say their company is very concerned about reducing its corporate energy usage and 35 percent say they are somewhat concerned.
In a related finding, nearly a quarter of respondents report their company’s spending on energy efficiency products and technologies will increase over the next six months; three-times the percentage that see a decrease (8%).
Overall, lighting was the top product companies said they’ll be purchasing over the next six months to improve energy efficiency. And while compact and regular florescent lighting had the greatest market share over the previous six months, the survey shows LED lighting (21%; up 7-pts) to be the clear momentum leader going forward.
Corporate use of “off-the-grid” energy technologies is gaining momentum, with eight percent of respondents saying they now use alternative sources to generate power. Going forward, more than one-in-five (21%) say they’ll install and make use of alternative energy sources within the next five years.
Solar power came in far ahead of all other alternative energy options, both in terms of current corporate usage (51%) and future planned users (72%). Wind Power was relegated to a distant second for current (24%) and future users (19%).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management