Hilton Efficiency Program Saves $9 Million
Hilton Hotels says it has delivered energy savings of over 10 percent last year across more than 80 hotels in Europe as well as cutting water consumption by five percent, BusinessGreen reports.
Hilton’s Europe and Africa-wide sustainability initiative was launched in 2006 and focuses on encouraging hotels to compete with each other to conserve energy. The initiative has also resulted in a saving of more than $9 million in two years.
The company said carbon emissions measured for every guest have been reduced by nearly 11 per cent in two years, saving over 10,000 tons of CO2 and are on target to achieve the 2009 target of reducing energy consumption by 15 per cent.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment