FedEx Installs Solar Power Systems
FedEx Freight has installed a solar power system in Whittier, California, and is nearing completion on a similar solar-powered facility in Fontana, California.
The 282 kilowatt solar power system in Whittier has the capacity to produce over 414,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year, providing almost 40 percent of the facility’s annual energy needs. The Whittier terminal employs about 500 workers and serves the East Los Angeles area.
To complete the Whittier system, 1,445 solar panels were installed on 22,000 square feet of roof space. BP Solar manufactured the panels and served as the project developer.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works