FedEx Installs Solar Power Systems
FedEx Freight has installed a solar power system in Whittier, California, and is nearing completion on a similar solar-powered facility in Fontana, California.
The 282 kilowatt solar power system in Whittier has the capacity to produce over 414,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year, providing almost 40 percent of the facility’s annual energy needs. The Whittier terminal employs about 500 workers and serves the East Los Angeles area.
To complete the Whittier system, 1,445 solar panels were installed on 22,000 square feet of roof space. BP Solar manufactured the panels and served as the project developer.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV