FedEx Installs Solar Power Systems
FedEx Freight has installed a solar power system in Whittier, California, and is nearing completion on a similar solar-powered facility in Fontana, California.
The 282 kilowatt solar power system in Whittier has the capacity to produce over 414,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year, providing almost 40 percent of the facility’s annual energy needs. The Whittier terminal employs about 500 workers and serves the East Los Angeles area.
To complete the Whittier system, 1,445 solar panels were installed on 22,000 square feet of roof space. BP Solar manufactured the panels and served as the project developer.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array