FedEx Installs Solar Power Systems
FedEx Freight has installed a solar power system in Whittier, California, and is nearing completion on a similar solar-powered facility in Fontana, California.
The 282 kilowatt solar power system in Whittier has the capacity to produce over 414,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year, providing almost 40 percent of the facility’s annual energy needs. The Whittier terminal employs about 500 workers and serves the East Los Angeles area.
To complete the Whittier system, 1,445 solar panels were installed on 22,000 square feet of roof space. BP Solar manufactured the panels and served as the project developer.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store