FedEx Installs Solar Power Systems
FedEx Freight has installed a solar power system in Whittier, California, and is nearing completion on a similar solar-powered facility in Fontana, California.
The 282 kilowatt solar power system in Whittier has the capacity to produce over 414,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year, providing almost 40 percent of the facility’s annual energy needs. The Whittier terminal employs about 500 workers and serves the East Los Angeles area.
To complete the Whittier system, 1,445 solar panels were installed on 22,000 square feet of roof space. BP Solar manufactured the panels and served as the project developer.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls