Kraft, Marks & Spencer Among Sustainable Packaging Award Winners
DuPont has announced the winners of the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation, which recognized “achievements that improve the sustainability of products and processes.”Here are the winners:
Kraft Foods, Plastipak Packaging – U.S.
Kraft Salad Dressings “redesigned a familiar food container for nearly 19 percent weight reduction, improved transport efficiency and energy conservation while retaining brand appeal.”
Marks & Spencer, Plantic Technologies, Chocolat Frey, Stager – United Kingdom, Australia & Switzerland
Marks & Spencer Swiss Chocolate Assortment “replaced traditional confectionery packaging inserts with a biodegradable component made from renewable resources.”
EarthCycle, Innovia Films – Canada, United Kingdom & Malaysia
EarthCycle-Natureflex Organic Kiwi Package is “new fresh produce packaging that uses only renewable and biodegradable materials in support of responsible sourcing, clean production and effective recovery.”
Lindoya Vida, Klabin – Brazil
Water Bag-in-Box “provides social benefit through an energy-saving alternative approach to bottle systems that improves access to clean drinking water.”
Faerch Plast, Larsen Danish Seafood – Denmark
AMPET Single Serve Danish Seafood “reduced food waste with a new approach for single-serve ambient food packaging.”
Jordans Cereals, Alcan Packaging – United Kingdom & Ireland
Jordans Organic Cereals is using a “new compostable, biodegradable flexible pack that supports natural branding of the product and helps assure effective post-use recovery.”
Gaplast GmbH – Germany
AirLEssMotion Bag-in-Bottle System “reduces energy usage in the manufacturing process by more than 50 percent via new process technology that enables a one-step process to replace a four-part approach.”
Details and photos here.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities