Concrete Recycler Grinds Toward Sustainability With Largest Solar Installation in San Jose
The Star Quality Concrete solar installation in downtown San Jose, Calif., will be the largest commercial solar power system in the area, Akeena Solar announced.
The 410 KW system will house 1,890 solar panels on the roof of Star Quality Concrete in downtown San Jose.
Star Quality Concrete’s newest technology manufactures sand and rock for concrete by recycling demolition concrete.
“Recycling old concrete relied heavily on fossil fuels, which also significantly drove up operating costs,” said Jerry Blatt, owner of Star Quality Concrete. “Akeena Solar is building a renewable power system that will help us lower our operating costs and improve our efficiency in a way that is both economically and environmentally beneficial.”
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024