Concrete Recycler Grinds Toward Sustainability With Largest Solar Installation in San Jose
The Star Quality Concrete solar installation in downtown San Jose, Calif., will be the largest commercial solar power system in the area, Akeena Solar announced.
The 410 KW system will house 1,890 solar panels on the roof of Star Quality Concrete in downtown San Jose.
Star Quality Concrete’s newest technology manufactures sand and rock for concrete by recycling demolition concrete.
“Recycling old concrete relied heavily on fossil fuels, which also significantly drove up operating costs,” said Jerry Blatt, owner of Star Quality Concrete. “Akeena Solar is building a renewable power system that will help us lower our operating costs and improve our efficiency in a way that is both economically and environmentally beneficial.”
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE