Concrete Recycler Grinds Toward Sustainability With Largest Solar Installation in San Jose
The Star Quality Concrete solar installation in downtown San Jose, Calif., will be the largest commercial solar power system in the area, Akeena Solar announced.
The 410 KW system will house 1,890 solar panels on the roof of Star Quality Concrete in downtown San Jose.
Star Quality Concrete’s newest technology manufactures sand and rock for concrete by recycling demolition concrete.
“Recycling old concrete relied heavily on fossil fuels, which also significantly drove up operating costs,” said Jerry Blatt, owner of Star Quality Concrete. “Akeena Solar is building a renewable power system that will help us lower our operating costs and improve our efficiency in a way that is both economically and environmentally beneficial.”
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra