Solar Tech Financiers In Race To Keep On Crest Of Solar Wave
A growing number of young companies are spending their brain power on software and financing, rather than photovoltaics, GreenTechBlog reports.
In a deal with German solar panel manufacturer Conergy, web-based software tools and financing options available from Clean Power Finance will be recommended to Conergy’s network of distributors in the U.S.
In addition to financing, Clean Power Finance has written what is essentially a version of Salesforce.com tailored for solar installers. The application keeps a database of state tax incentives, the electrical production information of panels, and utilities’ electricity rates.
Another start-up using Web-based software to speed up the sales process is Sungevity, which has a program for allowing people to quickly get an estimate on a solar installation using satellite data.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy