Solar Tech Financiers In Race To Keep On Crest Of Solar Wave
A growing number of young companies are spending their brain power on software and financing, rather than photovoltaics, GreenTechBlog reports.
In a deal with German solar panel manufacturer Conergy, web-based software tools and financing options available from Clean Power Finance will be recommended to Conergy’s network of distributors in the U.S.
In addition to financing, Clean Power Finance has written what is essentially a version of Salesforce.com tailored for solar installers. The application keeps a database of state tax incentives, the electrical production information of panels, and utilities’ electricity rates.
Another start-up using Web-based software to speed up the sales process is Sungevity, which has a program for allowing people to quickly get an estimate on a solar installation using satellite data.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend