Solar Tech Financiers In Race To Keep On Crest Of Solar Wave
A growing number of young companies are spending their brain power on software and financing, rather than photovoltaics, GreenTechBlog reports.
In a deal with German solar panel manufacturer Conergy, web-based software tools and financing options available from Clean Power Finance will be recommended to Conergy’s network of distributors in the U.S.
In addition to financing, Clean Power Finance has written what is essentially a version of Salesforce.com tailored for solar installers. The application keeps a database of state tax incentives, the electrical production information of panels, and utilities’ electricity rates.
Another start-up using Web-based software to speed up the sales process is Sungevity, which has a program for allowing people to quickly get an estimate on a solar installation using satellite data.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency