Solar Tech Financiers In Race To Keep On Crest Of Solar Wave
A growing number of young companies are spending their brain power on software and financing, rather than photovoltaics, GreenTechBlog reports.
In a deal with German solar panel manufacturer Conergy, web-based software tools and financing options available from Clean Power Finance will be recommended to Conergy’s network of distributors in the U.S.
In addition to financing, Clean Power Finance has written what is essentially a version of Salesforce.com tailored for solar installers. The application keeps a database of state tax incentives, the electrical production information of panels, and utilities’ electricity rates.
Another start-up using Web-based software to speed up the sales process is Sungevity, which has a program for allowing people to quickly get an estimate on a solar installation using satellite data.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem