The Green Influence Factor
Research from Natural Marketing Institute’s 2007 European LOHAS Consumer Trends Database, shows that culture plays a strong role in consumers’ willingness to evangelize their commitment to a LOHAS lifestyle. For example, it appears that the Portuguese and the French are more inclined to inform others about protecting the environment and social issues than Italians and the Dutch. Italy is more representative of the E.U., as 47% of the French are willing to teach others about LOHAS benefits. The Dutch, with less than 20% of the population teaching LOHAS values, are the least evangelical of all E.U. countries. The Portuguese, therefore, can play a critical role in helping bring LOHAS products to market.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business