AIA Picks Top Sustainable Building Designs
This yearâ€™s top picks for the best green building projects of the year from the American Institute of Architects Committee on the Environmentâ€™s are a showcase of sustainable design approaches, Inhabitat reports.
Community connectivity, energy efficiency, and longevity of purpose are measures the committee used in its evaluations.
The low-impact structures that showcase architectural excellence and environmental stewardship include:
- Aldo Leopold Legacy Center (The Kubala Washatko Architects, Inc.) Cedarburg, WI
- Cesar Chavez Library (Line and Space, LLC) Tucson, AZ
- Discovery Center at South Lake Union (The Miller|Hull Partnership) Seattle, WA
- Garthwaite Center for Science and Arts, Cambridge School of Weston (Architerra, Inc.) Boston, MA
- Lavin-Bernick Center (VJAA) Minneapolis, MN
- Macallen Building Condominiums (Burt Hill with Office dA) Boston, MA
- Nueva School Hillside Learning Complex (Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects) San Francisco, CA
- Pocono Environmental Education Center (Bohlin Cywinski Jackson) Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Queens Botanical Garden Visitor & Administration Center (BKSK Architects) New York, NY
- Yale University Sculpture Building and Gallery (KieranTimberlake Associates, LLP) Philadelphia, PA
Energy Manager News
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesnâ€™t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obamaâ€™s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshireâ€™s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuumâ€™s Retail Energy Services Division