Ford, Timberland Win Ceres-ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards
Ford Motor Company and The Timberland Company received the top sustainability reporting awards in an international competition organized by the Boston-based Ceres coalition and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CSRWire reports.
The awards program highlights best practices in reporting on sustainability issues by North American companies and other organizations, and provides guidance to other groups and companies that are publishing sustainability or corporate social responsibility reports.
The winners also included Calgary, Alberta-based Suncor Energy and Austin, Texas-based Dell, Inc. The four winners were announced at the Ceres annual conference today at Boston’s Renaissance Harbor Hotel. A complete judges’ report was released.
From the 87 entries from Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, 21 entries were short-listed, including Gap, Inc., Hewlett-Packard, Starbucks, Nike, and Weyerhaeuser.
Over the past six years, entries into the Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting have grown five-fold from 20 in its first year to 102 this year.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics