Ford, Timberland Win Ceres-ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards
Ford Motor Company and The Timberland Company received the top sustainability reporting awards in an international competition organized by the Boston-based Ceres coalition and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CSRWire reports.
The awards program highlights best practices in reporting on sustainability issues by North American companies and other organizations, and provides guidance to other groups and companies that are publishing sustainability or corporate social responsibility reports.
The winners also included Calgary, Alberta-based Suncor Energy and Austin, Texas-based Dell, Inc. The four winners were announced at the Ceres annual conference today at Boston’s Renaissance Harbor Hotel. A complete judges’ report was released.
From the 87 entries from Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, 21 entries were short-listed, including Gap, Inc., Hewlett-Packard, Starbucks, Nike, and Weyerhaeuser.
Over the past six years, entries into the Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting have grown five-fold from 20 in its first year to 102 this year.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant