Ford, Timberland Win Ceres-ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards
Ford Motor Company and The Timberland Company received the top sustainability reporting awards in an international competition organized by the Boston-based Ceres coalition and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CSRWire reports.
The awards program highlights best practices in reporting on sustainability issues by North American companies and other organizations, and provides guidance to other groups and companies that are publishing sustainability or corporate social responsibility reports.
The winners also included Calgary, Alberta-based Suncor Energy and Austin, Texas-based Dell, Inc. The four winners were announced at the Ceres annual conference today at Boston’s Renaissance Harbor Hotel. A complete judges’ report was released.
From the 87 entries from Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, 21 entries were short-listed, including Gap, Inc., Hewlett-Packard, Starbucks, Nike, and Weyerhaeuser.
Over the past six years, entries into the Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting have grown five-fold from 20 in its first year to 102 this year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council