Ford, Timberland Win Ceres-ACCA Sustainability Reporting Awards
Ford Motor Company and The Timberland Company received the top sustainability reporting awards in an international competition organized by the Boston-based Ceres coalition and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), CSRWire reports.
The awards program highlights best practices in reporting on sustainability issues by North American companies and other organizations, and provides guidance to other groups and companies that are publishing sustainability or corporate social responsibility reports.
The winners also included Calgary, Alberta-based Suncor Energy and Austin, Texas-based Dell, Inc. The four winners were announced at the Ceres annual conference today at Boston’s Renaissance Harbor Hotel. A complete judges’ report was released.
From the 87 entries from Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, 21 entries were short-listed, including Gap, Inc., Hewlett-Packard, Starbucks, Nike, and Weyerhaeuser.
Over the past six years, entries into the Ceres-ACCA North American Awards for Sustainability Reporting have grown five-fold from 20 in its first year to 102 this year.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment