New SAS Software Identifies Sustainable Business Strategies
SAS for Sustainability Management is a software platform designed to help companies and organizations identify strategies that address environmental, social, and economic situations while achieving company objectives.
Based on the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform, SAS for Sustainability Management uses the Global Reporting Initiative framework to report on Triple Bottom Line indicators. These indicators relate to the three aspects of sustainability – environmental, social, and economic – and use SAS’ predictive abilities to validate strategies, identify causal relationships, forecast improvement scenarios and drive innovation. The SAS Corporate Social Responsibility Report conforms to the Sustainability Reporting Guidelines developed by the Global Reporting Initiative.
One company using SAS to support its sustainability efforts is Cisco. “Cisco believes that new innovative technologies and the power of collaboration are keys to achieving our sustainability goals and minimizing our impact on the environment,” said Laura Ipsen, Co-chair of Cisco’s EcoBoard and Senior Vice President of Cisco Global Policy and Government Affairs. “By partnering with SAS and utilizing SAS for Sustainability Management, Cisco can better prioritize projects and resources that create a positive return for the environment, shareholders, and our employees.”
SAS announced in March that it is considering building North Carolina’s largest solar energy farm on its corporate headquarter campus in Cary, N.C.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned