Sun, UPS, Nationwide, HP Among Uptime Green IT Award Winners
The Uptime Institute, a research-based think-tank and advisor on business and technology issues related to computing and energy efficiency, announced winners of its Green Enterprise IT Awards, StreetInsider reports. The awards honor pioneering organizations in energy-efficiency in their data center operations.
Award recipients and their award categories, are:
* Sun Microsystems: Energy Efficient IT Hardware Deployment
* UPS: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead
* AOL LLC: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead
* NetApp: IT Hardware Asset Utilization
* Bank of Montreal: IT Hardware Asset Utilization
* Nationwide Mutual Insurance: IT Strategy
* Hewlett Packard: IT Strategy
* Hewlett Packard: Green IT Beyond the Data Center
Uptime’s 2008 Green Enterprise IT Best-in-Class Finalists are:
• Office Depot: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead
• Intel: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead
• Interior Health Authority of British Columbia: IT Hardware Asset Utilization
• Hannaford Bros: IT Strategy
• Nationwide Mutual Insurance: Green IT Beyond the Data Center
Winners’ case studies will be featured in podcasts and white papers at www.uptimeinstitute.org.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities