eBay Hawks Ozone Hole, ‘A One-Of-A-Kind Collectible’
eBay, through its Giving Works program, is auctioning off the ozone hole, to benefit www.theozonehole.com. The eBay item number is 280222270428, The Daily Green reports. Shipping costs from Pocono Pines, PA: Free.
The Ozone Hole Inc. is a Pennsylvania-based nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the ozone layer and Earth’s environment by educating and motivating the public through its websites, according to the bidding page on ebay.com.
“For the first time in history,” the page reads, “The Ozone Hole is up for sale…This your opportunity to own a truly ‘one of a kind collectible!”
Or, a one-of-a-kind sponsorship for a company. The winner of the Ozone Hole auction will receive a banner advertisement, or something comparable, on the top and bottom of every page of www.theozonehole.com. The sites say 2.3 million people visited the sites last year.
The web page continues to explain that the item up for charity auction on eBay is the exclusive sponsorship of the website www.theozonehole.com for the 2008 Ozone Hole season. (June 1, 2008-May 30, 2009).
eBay’s Giving Works program enables sellers on eBay to support their favorite causes. Nonprofits can raise money for their organization and reach an audience of millions with brand and mission.
It has yet to be determined whether this auction will somehow increase the low sustainability rating eBay received last year on Climate Counts’ scorecard.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend