Timberland To Release Quarterly CSR Data
No sooner than the Ceres coalition and the ACCA announced Timberland’s award for best sustainability reporting, the company announced that beginning this month, it is releasing its 2008 first quarter CSR data online.
This marks a fundamental shift in Timberland’s CSR reporting structure. It now plans to report CSR data the same way it reports its earnings data — quarterly and online, followed by a stakeholder call that will include Timberland CEO Jeffery Swartz.
Timberland will be implementing six initiatives:
• Implementation of a two-year cycle for full CSR reports;
• Utilization of the web site as a main vehicle for communication;
• Reporting quarterly CSR metrics;
• Conducting quarterly stakeholder calls with leadership;
• Focusing on Recreational Footwear Company (RFC) with continued facility-level reporting; and
• Leveraging Web 2.0 to scale conversation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland