Green-Themed Email Marketing Sees Big Bump
Major retailers, including OfficeMax, Home Depot, Banana Republic and REI all sent e-mails with Earth friendly ideas or Earth Day themes this past Earth Day, MediaPost’s Email Insider reports.
Not only did the number of e-mails from retailers mentioning Earth Day more than triple this year compared to last , but the number of e-mails that included eco-friendly messaging without mentioning Earth Day increased more than six-fold.
An example of Earth Day e-mails MediaPost reported seeing included:
- OfficeMax promoting recycled paper, energy-efficient equipment and remanufactured products.
- Norm Thompson highlighting apparel made from recycled cotton and bamboo.
- Home Depot promoting Energy-Star appliances and CFL bulbs.
- Banana Republic raising money for the Trust for Public Land.
- REI promoting the merits of cycling.
- Crutchfield and Circuit City promoting recycling old electronics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B