Green-Themed Email Marketing Sees Big Bump
Major retailers, including OfficeMax, Home Depot, Banana Republic and REI all sent e-mails with Earth friendly ideas or Earth Day themes this past Earth Day, MediaPost’s Email Insider reports.
Not only did the number of e-mails from retailers mentioning Earth Day more than triple this year compared to last , but the number of e-mails that included eco-friendly messaging without mentioning Earth Day increased more than six-fold.
An example of Earth Day e-mails MediaPost reported seeing included:
- OfficeMax promoting recycled paper, energy-efficient equipment and remanufactured products.
- Norm Thompson highlighting apparel made from recycled cotton and bamboo.
- Home Depot promoting Energy-Star appliances and CFL bulbs.
- Banana Republic raising money for the Trust for Public Land.
- REI promoting the merits of cycling.
- Crutchfield and Circuit City promoting recycling old electronics.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat