Green-Themed Email Marketing Sees Big Bump
Major retailers, including OfficeMax, Home Depot, Banana Republic and REI all sent e-mails with Earth friendly ideas or Earth Day themes this past Earth Day, MediaPost’s Email Insider reports.
Not only did the number of e-mails from retailers mentioning Earth Day more than triple this year compared to last , but the number of e-mails that included eco-friendly messaging without mentioning Earth Day increased more than six-fold.
An example of Earth Day e-mails MediaPost reported seeing included:
- OfficeMax promoting recycled paper, energy-efficient equipment and remanufactured products.
- Norm Thompson highlighting apparel made from recycled cotton and bamboo.
- Home Depot promoting Energy-Star appliances and CFL bulbs.
- Banana Republic raising money for the Trust for Public Land.
- REI promoting the merits of cycling.
- Crutchfield and Circuit City promoting recycling old electronics.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution