Adam Werbach’s Answer To Consumerism’s Global Warming Blues
In an article in AdvertisingAge, Adam Werbach, CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi S, says that with a tougher regulatory environment, and pressure from consumers who demand green credibility but are, at the same time, deeply cynical of corporations, it’s “No wonder marketers are struggling to find their footing — and that consumers are overwhelmed.”
Werbach writes that while we are witnessing a “green fatigue,” sustainability remains the “transforming business challenge of our time.”
Consumers believe that climate change is happening, and they are seeking ways to live their lives with authenticity and the commitment to a larger good, Werbach believes.
He advises marketers to consider certain questions, like “price,” “purpose” and “process,” if they want to be successful with today’s consumers.
Advertising giant Publicis Groupe recently bought sustainability consultancy Act Now, renaming it Saatchi & Saatchi S.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike