Virtual Hotel Aims To Improve Industry Sustainability
“Take a look around the innovation hotel to see some of the latest thinking in responsible tourism,” the site says. “Action areas” include energy conservation, recycling, water conservation and destination conservation.
The company said it will introduce a ‘second generation’ online innovation hotel in the coming months.
Many hotels have announced green efforts recently:
- Hilton Hotels said it delivered energy savings of over 10 percent last year across more than 80 hotels in Europe as well as cutting water consumption by five percent.
- Marriott has developed a five-point strategy in collaboration with Conservation International which includes reducing fuel and water consumption by 25 percent per available room over the next 10 years, installing solar power at up to 40 hotels by 2017, and expanding existing “reduce, reuse, recycle” programs.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps