Virtual Hotel Aims To Improve Industry Sustainability
“Take a look around the innovation hotel to see some of the latest thinking in responsible tourism,” the site says. “Action areas” include energy conservation, recycling, water conservation and destination conservation.
The company said it will introduce a ‘second generation’ online innovation hotel in the coming months.
Many hotels have announced green efforts recently:
- Hilton Hotels said it delivered energy savings of over 10 percent last year across more than 80 hotels in Europe as well as cutting water consumption by five percent.
- Marriott has developed a five-point strategy in collaboration with Conservation International which includes reducing fuel and water consumption by 25 percent per available room over the next 10 years, installing solar power at up to 40 hotels by 2017, and expanding existing “reduce, reuse, recycle” programs.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action