Virtual Hotel Aims To Improve Industry Sustainability
“Take a look around the innovation hotel to see some of the latest thinking in responsible tourism,” the site says. “Action areas” include energy conservation, recycling, water conservation and destination conservation.
The company said it will introduce a ‘second generation’ online innovation hotel in the coming months.
Many hotels have announced green efforts recently:
- Hilton Hotels said it delivered energy savings of over 10 percent last year across more than 80 hotels in Europe as well as cutting water consumption by five percent.
- Marriott has developed a five-point strategy in collaboration with Conservation International which includes reducing fuel and water consumption by 25 percent per available room over the next 10 years, installing solar power at up to 40 hotels by 2017, and expanding existing “reduce, reuse, recycle” programs.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE