Virtual Hotel Aims To Improve Industry Sustainability
“Take a look around the innovation hotel to see some of the latest thinking in responsible tourism,” the site says. “Action areas” include energy conservation, recycling, water conservation and destination conservation.
The company said it will introduce a ‘second generation’ online innovation hotel in the coming months.
Many hotels have announced green efforts recently:
- Hilton Hotels said it delivered energy savings of over 10 percent last year across more than 80 hotels in Europe as well as cutting water consumption by five percent.
- Marriott has developed a five-point strategy in collaboration with Conservation International which includes reducing fuel and water consumption by 25 percent per available room over the next 10 years, installing solar power at up to 40 hotels by 2017, and expanding existing “reduce, reuse, recycle” programs.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs