Prince Of Wales Among Rainforest Alliance Sustainability Award Winners
The Rainforest Alliance announced the companies and individuals it is recognizing for their work with the alliance on making sustainable supply chain decisions or for their longtime support of conservation work.
The 2008 honorees are:
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales;
- Individual Sustainable Standard-Setter: Toshishige Nakagoshi, Yusuhara Forest Owners’ Cooperative;
- Corporate Sustainable Standard-Setters (companies that have worked with the Rainforest Alliance and exhibited outstanding leadership in efforts to promote sustainability): Mohawk Fine Papers, NatureAir; and
- Corporate Green Globe Awardees (businesses that demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to furthering sustainability): Gloria Jean’s Coffees International, Goldman, Sachs & Co., HSBC, Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
For the individual and corporate achievements of the 2008 honorees and co-chairs, visit the Rainforest Alliance online.
On the eve of the UN negotiations in Bali, the Prince of Wales led an initiative that sent a communique to the 130 Environment Ministers that will be attending the Bali conference calling for a comprehensive, legally binding United Nations framework to tackle climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida