Prince Of Wales Among Rainforest Alliance Sustainability Award Winners
The Rainforest Alliance announced the companies and individuals it is recognizing for their work with the alliance on making sustainable supply chain decisions or for their longtime support of conservation work.
The 2008 honorees are:
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales;
- Individual Sustainable Standard-Setter: Toshishige Nakagoshi, Yusuhara Forest Owners’ Cooperative;
- Corporate Sustainable Standard-Setters (companies that have worked with the Rainforest Alliance and exhibited outstanding leadership in efforts to promote sustainability): Mohawk Fine Papers, NatureAir; and
- Corporate Green Globe Awardees (businesses that demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to furthering sustainability): Gloria Jean’s Coffees International, Goldman, Sachs & Co., HSBC, Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
For the individual and corporate achievements of the 2008 honorees and co-chairs, visit the Rainforest Alliance online.
On the eve of the UN negotiations in Bali, the Prince of Wales led an initiative that sent a communique to the 130 Environment Ministers that will be attending the Bali conference calling for a comprehensive, legally binding United Nations framework to tackle climate change.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend