Eastman Chemical Cuts GHG Emissions, Energy Use
Eastman Chemical Company’s Longview, Texas, site received an “exceptional merit honor” from the Responsible Care program of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for an energy savings program that reduced the location’s carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions by 69,000 tons and resulted in an energy savings of 1,200,000 Million British Thermal Units.
Eastman also received an exceptional merit award for its IntegRex technology implementation at its Columbia, S.C., site that produces recyclable PET resin in a way that reduces energy consumption by 54 percent, associated greenhouse gas emissions by more than 47 percent, and occupies a smaller environmental footprint.
In addition, its Kingsport, Tenn., site was awarded for the construction of a new hydrogen plant that is resulting in an annual energy savings of 87,300 MMBTUs.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables