Eastman Chemical Cuts GHG Emissions, Energy Use
Eastman Chemical Company’s Longview, Texas, site received an “exceptional merit honor” from the Responsible Care program of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for an energy savings program that reduced the location’s carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions by 69,000 tons and resulted in an energy savings of 1,200,000 Million British Thermal Units.
Eastman also received an exceptional merit award for its IntegRex technology implementation at its Columbia, S.C., site that produces recyclable PET resin in a way that reduces energy consumption by 54 percent, associated greenhouse gas emissions by more than 47 percent, and occupies a smaller environmental footprint.
In addition, its Kingsport, Tenn., site was awarded for the construction of a new hydrogen plant that is resulting in an annual energy savings of 87,300 MMBTUs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management