Eastman Chemical Cuts GHG Emissions, Energy Use
Eastman Chemical Company’s Longview, Texas, site received an “exceptional merit honor” from the Responsible Care program of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for an energy savings program that reduced the location’s carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions by 69,000 tons and resulted in an energy savings of 1,200,000 Million British Thermal Units.
Eastman also received an exceptional merit award for its IntegRex technology implementation at its Columbia, S.C., site that produces recyclable PET resin in a way that reduces energy consumption by 54 percent, associated greenhouse gas emissions by more than 47 percent, and occupies a smaller environmental footprint.
In addition, its Kingsport, Tenn., site was awarded for the construction of a new hydrogen plant that is resulting in an annual energy savings of 87,300 MMBTUs.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures