Eastman Chemical Cuts GHG Emissions, Energy Use
Eastman Chemical Company’s Longview, Texas, site received an “exceptional merit honor” from the Responsible Care program of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for an energy savings program that reduced the location’s carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions by 69,000 tons and resulted in an energy savings of 1,200,000 Million British Thermal Units.
Eastman also received an exceptional merit award for its IntegRex technology implementation at its Columbia, S.C., site that produces recyclable PET resin in a way that reduces energy consumption by 54 percent, associated greenhouse gas emissions by more than 47 percent, and occupies a smaller environmental footprint.
In addition, its Kingsport, Tenn., site was awarded for the construction of a new hydrogen plant that is resulting in an annual energy savings of 87,300 MMBTUs.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls