EnerNOC Buys Offsets To Remain Carbon Neutral
EnerNOC, a Boston-based developer and provider of clean energy solutions, has purchased carbon offsets from 3Degrees through its reverse-auction system EnerNOC Exchange. The offsets, in turn, funded the installation of a methane combustion system at a dairy farm in Pennsylvania.
EnerNOC also announced that, through a partnership with Community Energy, it has purchased renewable energy credits and renewed its carbon neutral status.
3Degrees holds the U.S. Department of Energy 2007 Green Power Leadership Award for its impact on carbon reductions and sales of renewable energy and offers carbon offset products to the Center for Resource Solutions, which launched Green-e Climate, an independent certification for carbon offset products, in February.
Another measure EnerNOC uses to reduce it’s carbon footprint is offering a $100 per month subsidy to employees who purchase hybrid cars.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution