EnerNOC Buys Offsets To Remain Carbon Neutral
EnerNOC, a Boston-based developer and provider of clean energy solutions, has purchased carbon offsets from 3Degrees through its reverse-auction system EnerNOC Exchange. The offsets, in turn, funded the installation of a methane combustion system at a dairy farm in Pennsylvania.
EnerNOC also announced that, through a partnership with Community Energy, it has purchased renewable energy credits and renewed its carbon neutral status.
3Degrees holds the U.S. Department of Energy 2007 Green Power Leadership Award for its impact on carbon reductions and sales of renewable energy and offers carbon offset products to the Center for Resource Solutions, which launched Green-e Climate, an independent certification for carbon offset products, in February.
Another measure EnerNOC uses to reduce it’s carbon footprint is offering a $100 per month subsidy to employees who purchase hybrid cars.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store