EnerNOC Buys Offsets To Remain Carbon Neutral
EnerNOC, a Boston-based developer and provider of clean energy solutions, has purchased carbon offsets from 3Degrees through its reverse-auction system EnerNOC Exchange. The offsets, in turn, funded the installation of a methane combustion system at a dairy farm in Pennsylvania.
EnerNOC also announced that, through a partnership with Community Energy, it has purchased renewable energy credits and renewed its carbon neutral status.
3Degrees holds the U.S. Department of Energy 2007 Green Power Leadership Award for its impact on carbon reductions and sales of renewable energy and offers carbon offset products to the Center for Resource Solutions, which launched Green-e Climate, an independent certification for carbon offset products, in February.
Another measure EnerNOC uses to reduce it’s carbon footprint is offering a $100 per month subsidy to employees who purchase hybrid cars.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along