Fireman’s Fund Launches Green Coverage For Manufacturers
Five months after announcing it would offer green homeowners insurance, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. has announced a green coverage for manufacturers who already have, or are interested in adopting, environmentally sustainable practices.
Manufacturers interested in reducing water and energy use, and lowering their overall carbon footprint may be interested in the coverage, which includes insurance premium reward incentives for the employment of environmentally friendly initiatives, practices and products.
Sustainable businesses are better risks to insure because they benefit from higher employee productivity, reduced absenteeism, improved product safety and lower energy bills, according to the company.
In 2006, Fireman’s Fund was the first to offer specific coverage for green commercial buildings and the risks associated with sustainable building practices.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry