Fireman’s Fund Launches Green Coverage For Manufacturers
Five months after announcing it would offer green homeowners insurance, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. has announced a green coverage for manufacturers who already have, or are interested in adopting, environmentally sustainable practices.
Manufacturers interested in reducing water and energy use, and lowering their overall carbon footprint may be interested in the coverage, which includes insurance premium reward incentives for the employment of environmentally friendly initiatives, practices and products.
Sustainable businesses are better risks to insure because they benefit from higher employee productivity, reduced absenteeism, improved product safety and lower energy bills, according to the company.
In 2006, Fireman’s Fund was the first to offer specific coverage for green commercial buildings and the risks associated with sustainable building practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland