Fireman’s Fund Launches Green Coverage For Manufacturers
Five months after announcing it would offer green homeowners insurance, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. has announced a green coverage for manufacturers who already have, or are interested in adopting, environmentally sustainable practices.
Manufacturers interested in reducing water and energy use, and lowering their overall carbon footprint may be interested in the coverage, which includes insurance premium reward incentives for the employment of environmentally friendly initiatives, practices and products.
Sustainable businesses are better risks to insure because they benefit from higher employee productivity, reduced absenteeism, improved product safety and lower energy bills, according to the company.
In 2006, Fireman’s Fund was the first to offer specific coverage for green commercial buildings and the risks associated with sustainable building practices.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment