Windtricity Continues To Generate Partners
Raba-Kistner Consultants, of San Antonio, Texas, and Helotes County are the latest to sign up as CPS Windtricity Business Partners.
Raba-Kistner has agreed to buy 100 percent of its power from CPS Energy using renewable energy sources, BizJournals reports, offsetting an estimated 1.1 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
CPS also announced that Helotes County, Texas, has become the first suburban municipality in Bexar County to offset all of its energy needs with Windtricity.
In April, the Texas supermarket chain HEB announced plans to run 46 of its stores on 10 percent windpower and has pledged that new stores will use 35 percent windpower from Windtricity.
CPS Energy, San Antonio’s municipally owned gas and electricity utility, buys its wind-generated electricity wholesale from the Desert Sky Wind Farm near Iraan, Texas, and the Cottonwood Creek Wind Farm near Sweetwater, Texas.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry