Windtricity Continues To Generate Partners
Raba-Kistner Consultants, of San Antonio, Texas, and Helotes County are the latest to sign up as CPS Windtricity Business Partners.
Raba-Kistner has agreed to buy 100 percent of its power from CPS Energy using renewable energy sources, BizJournals reports, offsetting an estimated 1.1 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
CPS also announced that Helotes County, Texas, has become the first suburban municipality in Bexar County to offset all of its energy needs with Windtricity.
In April, the Texas supermarket chain HEB announced plans to run 46 of its stores on 10 percent windpower and has pledged that new stores will use 35 percent windpower from Windtricity.
CPS Energy, San Antonio’s municipally owned gas and electricity utility, buys its wind-generated electricity wholesale from the Desert Sky Wind Farm near Iraan, Texas, and the Cottonwood Creek Wind Farm near Sweetwater, Texas.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management