Windtricity Continues To Generate Partners
Raba-Kistner Consultants, of San Antonio, Texas, and Helotes County are the latest to sign up as CPS Windtricity Business Partners.
Raba-Kistner has agreed to buy 100 percent of its power from CPS Energy using renewable energy sources, BizJournals reports, offsetting an estimated 1.1 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
CPS also announced that Helotes County, Texas, has become the first suburban municipality in Bexar County to offset all of its energy needs with Windtricity.
In April, the Texas supermarket chain HEB announced plans to run 46 of its stores on 10 percent windpower and has pledged that new stores will use 35 percent windpower from Windtricity.
CPS Energy, San Antonio’s municipally owned gas and electricity utility, buys its wind-generated electricity wholesale from the Desert Sky Wind Farm near Iraan, Texas, and the Cottonwood Creek Wind Farm near Sweetwater, Texas.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses