CHEP Gives Employees $2K For Buying Hybrids
A program of CHEP USA gives up to $2,000 to employees who purchase hybrid cars and trucks, Mobile Logistics Assets reports.
The incentive is available to any full- or part-time employee with at least one-year tenure and is payable over two years for new vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2008, and classified as a hybrid by the US Department of Energy and the Internal Revenue Service.
CHEP is just the latest in a trend towards offering employees green incentives. Swiss Re offers a subsidy to employees that make environmental purchases – including hybrids. Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark