CHEP Gives Employees $2K For Buying Hybrids
A program of CHEP USA gives up to $2,000 to employees who purchase hybrid cars and trucks, Mobile Logistics Assets reports.
The incentive is available to any full- or part-time employee with at least one-year tenure and is payable over two years for new vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2008, and classified as a hybrid by the US Department of Energy and the Internal Revenue Service.
CHEP is just the latest in a trend towards offering employees green incentives. Swiss Re offers a subsidy to employees that make environmental purchases – including hybrids. Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike