CHEP Gives Employees $2K For Buying Hybrids
A program of CHEP USA gives up to $2,000 to employees who purchase hybrid cars and trucks, Mobile Logistics Assets reports.
The incentive is available to any full- or part-time employee with at least one-year tenure and is payable over two years for new vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2008, and classified as a hybrid by the US Department of Energy and the Internal Revenue Service.
CHEP is just the latest in a trend towards offering employees green incentives. Swiss Re offers a subsidy to employees that make environmental purchases – including hybrids. Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform