CHEP Gives Employees $2K For Buying Hybrids
A program of CHEP USA gives up to $2,000 to employees who purchase hybrid cars and trucks, Mobile Logistics Assets reports.
The incentive is available to any full- or part-time employee with at least one-year tenure and is payable over two years for new vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2008, and classified as a hybrid by the US Department of Energy and the Internal Revenue Service.
CHEP is just the latest in a trend towards offering employees green incentives. Swiss Re offers a subsidy to employees that make environmental purchases – including hybrids. Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management