CHEP Gives Employees $2K For Buying Hybrids
A program of CHEP USA gives up to $2,000 to employees who purchase hybrid cars and trucks, Mobile Logistics Assets reports.
The incentive is available to any full- or part-time employee with at least one-year tenure and is payable over two years for new vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2008, and classified as a hybrid by the US Department of Energy and the Internal Revenue Service.
CHEP is just the latest in a trend towards offering employees green incentives. Swiss Re offers a subsidy to employees that make environmental purchases – including hybrids. Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE