Google Earth Releases Animated Global Warming Map
The map can be viewed on a computer with Google Earth, which cooperated with Britain’s environment ministry and the country’s Met Office for the project.Viewers can run a time-lapse series to watch the Earth warm under medium case scenarios up to the year 2100, either from a planetary perspective or zeroing in on countries and cities.
The map shows the warming of the Earth as the years advance, with some of the greatest temperature increases at the ice-bound poles where vast areas turn red indicating double-digit temperature increases.
Vulcan, a research project from Purdue, recently released a map that shows where CO2 is being emitted in the continental U.S. in 10-kilometer grids and combines data from sources including factories, automobiles on highways and power plants.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency