Google Earth Releases Animated Global Warming Map
The map can be viewed on a computer with Google Earth, which cooperated with Britain’s environment ministry and the country’s Met Office for the project.Viewers can run a time-lapse series to watch the Earth warm under medium case scenarios up to the year 2100, either from a planetary perspective or zeroing in on countries and cities.
The map shows the warming of the Earth as the years advance, with some of the greatest temperature increases at the ice-bound poles where vast areas turn red indicating double-digit temperature increases.
Vulcan, a research project from Purdue, recently released a map that shows where CO2 is being emitted in the continental U.S. in 10-kilometer grids and combines data from sources including factories, automobiles on highways and power plants.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight