AIG Releases CSR Report
Insurance and financial services giant American International Group’s second report on corporate responsibility, titled “Putting our Strength Behind Sustainability,” covers eight areas including the company’s sustainable investment strategy.
Through its investment strategy, which is focused on environmental, social and governance issues, AIG says it is developing insurance products that address client needs related to alternative energy and limiting carbon emissions, as well as products that support the growing carbon market.
In addition to offsetting its 2006 emissions by purchasing 620,000 metric tons of CO2 equivalent offsets from forestry and agricultural projects in the United States and China, AIG said in October of 2007 that it would fund CO2 emission offset credits in China’s Xinjiang and Sichuan provinces. The proposed projects would generate 310,000 metric tons of CO2 offset credits from farmers in these two provinces.
Innovest listed AIG as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world in 2008. Corporate Knights and Innovest evaluate companies from 16 countries according to how they manage environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities, relative to their peers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management