AIG Releases CSR Report
Insurance and financial services giant American International Group’s second report on corporate responsibility, titled “Putting our Strength Behind Sustainability,” covers eight areas including the company’s sustainable investment strategy.
Through its investment strategy, which is focused on environmental, social and governance issues, AIG says it is developing insurance products that address client needs related to alternative energy and limiting carbon emissions, as well as products that support the growing carbon market.
In addition to offsetting its 2006 emissions by purchasing 620,000 metric tons of CO2 equivalent offsets from forestry and agricultural projects in the United States and China, AIG said in October of 2007 that it would fund CO2 emission offset credits in China’s Xinjiang and Sichuan provinces. The proposed projects would generate 310,000 metric tons of CO2 offset credits from farmers in these two provinces.
Innovest listed AIG as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world in 2008. Corporate Knights and Innovest evaluate companies from 16 countries according to how they manage environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities, relative to their peers.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls