EDF Reports On Sustainable Innovations
Environmental Defense Fund has released “Innovations Review 2008: Making Green the New Business as Usual,” a report highlighting the latest trends and best practices that show how environmental sustainability efforts are creating new markets, providing competitive advantages and saving companies millions of dollars.
CEOs of businesses in the report discussed the benefits of the innovations to their companies at the launch event, including Ken Grossman, of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Charles Kavitsky, of Fireman’s Fund; Jonathan Schwartz, of Sun Microsystems; Casey Sheahan, of Patagonia and Richard Swanson, of SunPower.
Download the report and a podcast of the launch event.
Earlier this week, the Natural Resources Defense Council launched Greening Advisor, a Web-based planner to help companies green their operations.
In the first chapter of his most recent book, “Earth: The Sequel: The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming,” Environmental Defense Director Fred Krupp says it is “about the kinds of inventors who will stabilize our climate, generate enormous economic growth, and save the planet.” Watch an interview with Krupp about his book here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management