EDF Reports On Sustainable Innovations
Environmental Defense Fund has released “Innovations Review 2008: Making Green the New Business as Usual,” a report highlighting the latest trends and best practices that show how environmental sustainability efforts are creating new markets, providing competitive advantages and saving companies millions of dollars.
CEOs of businesses in the report discussed the benefits of the innovations to their companies at the launch event, including Ken Grossman, of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Charles Kavitsky, of Fireman’s Fund; Jonathan Schwartz, of Sun Microsystems; Casey Sheahan, of Patagonia and Richard Swanson, of SunPower.
Download the report and a podcast of the launch event.
Earlier this week, the Natural Resources Defense Council launched Greening Advisor, a Web-based planner to help companies green their operations.
In the first chapter of his most recent book, “Earth: The Sequel: The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming,” Environmental Defense Director Fred Krupp says it is “about the kinds of inventors who will stabilize our climate, generate enormous economic growth, and save the planet.” Watch an interview with Krupp about his book here.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool